Controller HyCC (Nobian Green Hydrogen) - Amersfoort
Are you an experienced Controller with an entrepreneurial mind set and are you result driven? Are you a finance professional with understanding of energy markets? then we are looking for you:
Controller HyCC (Nobian Green Hydrogen)
Annual Salary 90.000 - 125.000
Summary of HyCC (Nobian Green Hydrogen) and Job purpose
HyCC is formed as separate business of Nobian, (www.HyCC.com), with a clear focus on developing large scale green hydrogen and circular carbon projects to support the decarbonization of the hard to abate sectors. Leveraging the core capabilities of Nobian in operating large scale electrolysis plants, we are establishing a corporate scale up, focused on large capital projects. Over the past years we have been developing a strong portfolio of projects and it is still expanding.
The organization is moving to the next phase, is growing and setting itself up for the execution of the existing projects in the pipeline, but also for future growth.
The HyCC Controller is an important player to support the further development. Setting up the HyCC financial and IT structures and systems. Bring standardization to a higher level and drives productivity and efficiency programs. He/she must ensure high qualitative financial business support to the HyCC Leadership Team. The HyCC controller coordinates the financial-economic budgeting, planning and monitoring process, evaluates the trends and variances in the monthly and quarterly reporting, ensures that results are reported in compliance with accounting guidelines.
The HyCC Controller has to deliver business & management support, sound financial planning & high qualitative analysis, in time identify potential IFRS conflicts, define and maintain sound governance & risk management and last but not least act as the local finance role model. The HyCC controller will be the lead in the establishment of the fit for purpose financial and IT platforms needed for the current activities, but also prepared for future growth.
Business & Management Support
- Strategic impact: Contributes to the HyCC strategy by taking active role in analyzing implications and options for HyCC. Initiates alternative strategic scenario’s and takes responsibility of the execution of pre- & post calculations of different scenarios.
- Business performance improvement: Identifies hidden business performance opportunities. Implements central finance instructions and contributes to design thereof. Together with the HyCC leadership drives improvement of performance and challenges status quo where necessary. Initiates specific performance measurement metrics, executes root cause analysis on deviations on KPI / metric targets. Plays a leading role in driving the delivery of the identified improvements using the tools and methods.
- ERP implementation: Lead role in the selection, design and implementation of a fit for purpose ERP solution for HyCC.
- Challenges the HyCC leadership on outside opportunities like grants, local alignment etc.
- Budgeting: Support management in drafting annual HyCC budget.
- Decision support: Ensures adequate framing of decisions (and contracts) and assess these against the business/function objectives. Implements central HyCC measurement system.
- Capex & restructuring: challenges project-assumptions and outcomes by providing strong & independent view. Deals with uncertainties at an early stages and challenges colleagues. Tracks outcome of major investments & restructuring decision and ensures that is learned from mistakes. Takes seat in project Steering Committees.
- Finance leadership: acts as role model. Embeds standardization across the finance function. Implements the finance strategy and supports projects.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Business performance improvement: Conducts analysis of actual versus forecast in close cooperation with local stakeholders. Ensures effective forward looking capabilities translated in reliable financial forecasting. Drives and improves processes on analyzing and forecasting.
- Financial planning: Coordinates the forecasting of HyCC according to guidelines/ time table. Identifies foreseeable financial problems and opportunities. Measures OCF / productivity developments.
Accounting & Financial reporting:
- Maintains excellent knowledge on key accounting processes and topics, both at Dutch GAAP and IFRS
Governance, Risk management and Internal Control:
- Enterprise risk management: understands all risk aspects of HyCC and ensures that mitigating processes are in place. Facilitates Risk Assessments. Reports to HyCC management and organizational risk performance and is able to translate these in financial figures. Knows how to apply cascading procedures.
- Internal Control: Develops and maintains adequate internal control Site framework including AOIC manual. Takes action with respect to internal and external financial / operational audits. Identifies internal control risks arising from the HyCC strategy and plans. Ensures adherence to authority schedules.
People management & Others:
- People management: Acts as role model. Is sensitive to engagement improvement.
- Acts as project finance lead in all kind of projects.
- Validate project economics prepared by project teams
- Fulfills expert finance role on application of financial tools like zero based costing, ABC, direct costing, marginal costing analysis, DCF project evaluations etc.
- Maintains SAP, HFM, BW knowledge and ensure to make effective use of these systems.
Competences & Skills:
- 10+ years working experience, preferable as a business controller
- Academic degree like Business Economics or Econometrics, RC or RA
- Preferred experience with Project financing structures
- Preferred understanding of energy markets
- Proven experience with IFRS as well as Dutch Gaap
- Affinity and interest in working with cross functional teams, especially operations
- Fluently Dutch & English verbally and in writing
Excellent knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse and Excel
- Knowledge of administrative organisation and internal controls (AOIC)
- Proven knowledge on management control cycles, costing tools etc.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial, result driven with a high integrity
- Proven self-starter / problem solver / implementer
- Oversees the big picture, but having the ability to zoom in if needed
- Can-do mentality
- Team player, also in complex-matrix organisational set-up
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Committed to deliver high quality output
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at HyCC as the Controller
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.