Cost Engineering Manager - Amersfoort
Do you have experience with preparation and validation of Cost Estimates and Cost Control for capital projects? Are you a professional in developing, implementing and maintaining strategies, processes, work procedures and tools for capital estimating and cost control for capital projects? Then we are looking for you.
Cost Engineering Manager
Amersfoort - full time
Annual Salary EURO 80.000 – 111.000
Your Challenge in the function!
The Cost Engineering Manager prepares and/or validates all cost estimates for our capital projects; for larger-sized projects, you will be focussing on preparation of Cost Estimates in early phases and Estimate validation in FEL-3 (Front-End Loading). For site-based projects the focus will be on Estimate validation for all phases.
You develop, implement and maintain strategies, processes, work procedures and tools for capital estimating and cost control for capital projects.
You take the lead in strengthening the Nobian central and local cost estimating and cost control organization to meet capital efficiency targets. Next to this you:
- Proactively manage, audit and deliver capital estimating and cost control services in accordance with company and project procedures;
- Recruit, train and mentor capital estimators and project control engineers in the 7 sites;
- Guide future database engineer in maintaining Nobian cost data and cost modelling;
- Deliver complex / non-routine estimates;
- Validate capital estimates prepared by cost estimators on site. Establish and maintain procedures / systems for Risk management in relation to capital estimating;
- Safeguard a correct cost closure of projects and compare the result with the original estimate;
- Strive for continuous improvement in cost estimation and cost control.
You will be responsible for developing best in class in Capital Estimating and Cost Control organizational setup:
- Incorporate measures for increasing quality, efficiency, safety and customer needs in the daily work and deliver relevant input to the team lead Projects & Turnaround Excellence;
- Provide strategy-conform services and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Balance, plan and allocate resources on short term in order to manage demand and supply and drive performance of the (functional) team;
- Drive, execute and monitor results within (functional) team (efficiency, time, scope, budget, quality, customer satisfaction).
Responsible for development, implementation and use of standardized work processes and best practices for cost estimating and cost control;
- Develop, implement and use of the BU process for cost estimating and cost control;
- Adhere to corporate policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems;
- Participate in and execute value improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
People development & Performance Management:
- The Cost Engineering Lead will need to develop a cost engineering community through functional reporting;
- Lead, manage and develop the members of the cost engineering community to build a strong, motivated, passionate, diverse team that can deliver disciplined and professional estimating and project control services for Nobian;
- Create a high-performance team culture. Recognize and address room for improvements;
- Secure outsourcing to designated third party provider as needed and manage third party providers.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
- Academic level, position for ambitious person with minimum of fifteen years of experience in project management / project control;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Preferably good communication skills in Dutch, both written and verbal;
- Has a thorough understanding of the principles of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK);
- Is a team player, contributes to team’s ability to reach maximum performance;
- Is able to implement systems, processes and procedures.
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as the Cost Engineering Manager
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.