Production Engineer Energy - Delfzijl
Are you keen on learning all about production processes? Do you have a Bachler or Master degree in a business-related area or industry? And do you want to work for a European leader in the production of essential chemicals? Then we are looking for you:
Production Engineer Energy
Annual Salary EURO 52.000 – EURO 75.000
Your Challenge as Production Engineer Energy
The production Engineer provides technical/technological expertise in the daily operations of the plant. Provide facilitative leadership to the Operators in problem resolution using simplified Root Cause Analysis. You are responsible for controlling and improving Nobian’s production processes in the field of Energy production. You will assist the engineering team in efficient production and exploitation of the plant. It is your role to analyze and maintain our running processes and to identify (potential) bottlenecks. You are the first point of contact (and critical sparring partner) for Operators and Team Leaders concerning People and Process Safety, process support (troubleshooting), asset utilization and continuous improvement.
- Tracks KPI’s of the plant and adjusts where required in line with safety, quality, BOM
- Monitor and validate AUM and PEM data.
- Ensures measuring systems and calculation conventions are in place to generate production loss data.
- Evaluates production loss data and ensures completeness and quality of data.
- Ensures the allocation of production gains/losses into the Operations units, Categories, Factors, and Systems in the AUM/PEM Database is accurate and complete.
- Uses access to production and loss data to initiate short cycle improvements.
- First line support to production teams on technical and technology; liaison to deeper expertise (technology) where needed
- First escalation for gap resolution in production. Supports problem solving in production with deep plant know-how and by facilitative coaching of RCPSs.
- Data Quality AUM/PEM.
- Alarm Management
- Efficiency Dashboards/ KPIs
- Sign-off on MOC’s
- Ensure appropriate process safety level in applied in HAZOP/ PHR
- 2nd line trouble shooting on daily basis. (1st line trouble shooting via shifts)
- Short term challenges present on shop floor (but not taking responsibilities of the operators/ coordinators).
- Translate operational targets into process parameters.
- Supporting Production in Training and knowledge assurance operators.
- Coach for RCPS, OAM and AUM/PEM (daily check).
- AUM/PEM tracking, daily check and discuss
- Actively involved in daily/weekly RCPS AUM/PEM topic.
- Checking/maintaining BOM performance of the unit
- 1st line incident investigation and escalate to 2nd line.
- Recognize and initiate on relevant situations where MoC procedure must be applied and executed.
- Execution of the primary work processes (OAM, PEM, ORM and AMM) and the foundations (performance mgt. 5S, SWS) in production.
- Month end closing reports on BOM performance, quality performance, alarm management, environmental
General engineering responsibilities:
- Adequate safety leadership through active application of the Stop Principle and engaging in constructive (safety) dialogue with peers and employees on the shop floor and strict compliance and adherence to Nobian Life Saving rules Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Nobian standards.
- Improve the Process Safety using the Nobian PSM framework
- Improve the safety performance and safeguard the license to operate by identifying hazards and taking appropriate actions in case new risks are identified.
- Support the HAZOP process related to the PHR cycle
- Ensure initiation and implementation of corrective and preventive actions as a result of an incident learning process.
- Commissioning of new or modified assets handed over by the improve organization
- Safeguard and govern adherence in the day-to-day running of the process to the design envelop through the application and improvement of the control plan
- Continuously monitoring performance versus budget; taking necessary actions to achieve committed results
- Actively support equipment improvement initiatives with technical knowledge
- Participate in and execute root cause problem solving; develop technical solutions
- Actively participate in, initiate, safeguard and facilitate MOC processes
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
What will you bring
To apply for this position, you should match below profile:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a business-related area or industry;
- Fluent in Dutch
- Good understanding of the (process) technical aspects of the production of products and utilities in Chemical/ Mechanical engineering or relevant discipline;
- Working experience on a plant is preferred.
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Production Engineer Energy?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, email@example.com
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.