Our sustainability governance
Sustainability is the collective responsibility of the Leadership Team, led by the President of Nobian.
As a member of the Nobian Leadership Team, the Vice President Research Development, Innovation and Technology coordinates Nobian’s overall sustainability approach.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee of the Nobian Board keeps oversight on our sustainability agenda and initiatives.
All members of the Leadership Team will have ownership of sustainability topics and initiatives:
- Procurement of sustainable energy (electricity and steam) is the responsibility of the Vice President Energy and New Business.
- Sustainable Sourcing and Operational and Environmental sustainability are the responsibility of the Vice President Integrated Supply Chain.
- Human Resources, including the development and empowerment of our people, is led by the Vice-President Human Resources.
- Environmental and Social Governance and Sustainability related annual reporting is coordinated by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsibility for compliance lies with the General Counsel.
UN Sustainable development goals
At Nobian we support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as an important foundation for our sustainable practices.
SDG 7, for affordable and clean energy, and SDG 13, for climate action, have been externally assessed by DNV as material key performance indicators for Nobian.
For more information please see our Investor Relations page.
Other SDG’s impacted by Nobian’s sustainability program: SDG 3, 8, 9 and 12.