Lead Project Management Excellence - Amersfoort
Do you have experience in managing and continuous improvement of complex engineering projects? And you have been responsible for activities on Technical Standardization with Engineering Standards? And you are able to build and develop a team of project managers ? then we are looking for you:
Lead Project Management Excellence
Annual salary EUR 90.000 - EUR 125.000
About the role:
In the position of Lead Project Management Excellence you manage Nobian Project Management and Engineering Standards. You are the team leader of the Project Management Office, with your team your focus will be on continuously improve and project delivery and you are the owner of assurance review process. Governance and coordination of engineering partnerships is an important task in this role, you execute (international) governance and you are an important support for CapEx projects.
Owner of Nobian Project Management and Engineering Standards:
- Manage and continuously improve Nobian Project Management Standards and Methodologies for all CapEx projects (NPM)
- Manage and continuously improve Nobian strategy and activities on Technical Standardization with Engineering Standards in line with company strategy (fit-for-purpose Owner’s Standards)
- Drive CapEx project execution strategy and deploy and implement company-wide standard project management processes.
- Execute functional excellence in the areas of functional disciplines of CapEx project execution and drive standardization.
Continuously improve project delivery:
- Drive and monitor results in Nobian CapEx project execution company wide
- Company-wide execute/manage improvement activities and benchmarks based on overall strategy for all regions coordinating all internal and external stakeholders incl. regional engineering partners
- Proactively manage, audit and deliver capital estimating and cost control services in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Develop and manage Nobian strategies for Project Execution Models, PMO (e.g. Cost Estimating and Project Controlling), benchmarking, etc.
- Contribute to people development in project organizations.
- Knowledge Management & Training participates in and executes value improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
Owner of assurance review process:
- Develop and manage centrally organized standard, process, and community of Assurance Reviewers
- Company-wide calibration and coordination of Assurance Reviewers
- Centrally coordinate Assurance Reviews of qualified CapEx projects company wide
Governance and coordination of engineering partnerships
- Alliance management
- Develop and govern strategy for engineering partnerships based on overall strategy
- Oversees execution models for strategic CapEx projects
- Drives and manages outsourcing/partnering to designated and qualified third-party engineering service providers.
- Actively monitors and reports on KPI’s for strategic CapEx projects regarding the third-party performance
Continuously improve Turnaround Management
- Manage and continuously improve Nobian Turnaround Management Methodology (TAM)
- Organize lessons learnt and incorporate the findings in the next turnarounds
- Setup and organize a review process to determine the readiness of turnarounds
Team Leader Project Management Office and member of Asset Management Leadership Team.
- Is a contributing member of the Asset Management & Projects Leadership Team
- Contributes to and implements the strategic agenda set by Asset Management & Projects
- Lead, manage and develop the members of the team, improve overall output and performance of the team
Execute governance and support for CapEx projects
- Pro-actively interact with Nobian ISC sites, projects, businesses
Support/collaborate with regard to CapEx project management, stage gating, tools, processes, etc.
- Owner of companywide tools for Project Execution (e.g. Primavera, Cleopatra) and Engineering (e.g. COMOS)
Global PMO standardization, e.g. develop and manage standards, procedures, tools, and guidance for Risk
- Management, Document Management, project reporting, etc.
Definition and governance of KPIs on project performance
Standards, tools, and guidance for Project Controlling (estimation, cost, schedule)
- Represent Nobian Project Management Excellence and act as interface to other functions within Nobian when aligning on new standards, processes, etc. (e.g. Procurement, Finance Controlling, Legal, etc.)
- Support projects with authorization levels and ERP utilization during execution
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 10 years of professional working experience with preferable international exposure.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in project management and/or engineering, preferably in the chemical or oil & gas industry with global/international teams and/or project responsibilities.
- Experience with managing project budgets of EUR >1M€
- Experience in multiple regions and businesses
- Track record of leading successful team building and development (also leading cultural transformation and change is a plus)
- Fluent in English, Dutch and German is a plus
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career as Lead Project Management Excellence
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.