Business Intelligence Engineer
Do you want to work for a sustainable company? Do you want to leave your mark on a digital team? Are you a digital savvy, wishing to create value and drive data insights through smart technology? If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity at an Ecovadis Platinum company for you.
Business Intelligence Engineer
Your challenge as Business Intelligence Engineer
Through your technical expertise, you will design, develop, maintain, and deliver Power BI dashboards and reports for Nobian and contribute to our data-driven organization. Your organizational scope will be the Integrated Supply Chain / manufacturing organization and all our central functions like Finance, Procurement, Commercial, Sustainability and Human Resources. The dashboards and reports you will develop are fed by a wide variety of sources including ERP, CRM, and MES (manufacturing execution system). The reports and dashboards you will develop will be used at our manufacturing locations and by our senior management to take data-driven decisions.
You will become part of the central agile team, surrounded by motivated colleagues operating in an international setting with a focus on Digitalization. You will be supporting our manufacturing plants in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. The central team you will be part of, is also driving the Power BI community and is supporting citizen developers of our central functions and manufacturing sites.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer (Power BI) you will be turning data into value by creating dashboards, introducing new tools, digitizing processes, and capability building within the company. Other tasks consist of:
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver Power BI data models, dataflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Focus on how to make better use of the data and systems within Nobian.
- Work with colleagues at manufacturing sites and in central functions to better understand their requirements, gain input and feedback.
- Solve technical challenges together with our IT organization and our external suppliers to produce new innovative solutions.
- Take ownership of the tasks in the ongoing sprint and deliver the expected developments.
- Review the improvement backlog with the team, evaluate requirements and think about viable solutions.
- Estimate the effort necessary to deliver a solution and help plan the next sprint.
- Escalate via the agile team when you identify a roadblock during the sprint.
- Continuous improvement on existing solutions based on user feedback.
- Help answer questions from sites and central functions and ensure change management through coaching and training of local users (citizen developers).
- Help create user guides and deliver training.
Have you got what it takes?
To deliver on the developments and executing the tasks, you have strong analytical skills and affinity with digital tools and development. You are eager and able to learn quickly about new systems and technologies, you have an excellent eye for detail, and are not afraid to take on a new challenge. Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- A bachelor's degree with 4+ years' experience or a master’s degree with 2+ years’ in (chemical) engineering, data analytics, or similar
- Strong affinity with production environment, preferably in the chemical/process industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI (or similar).
- Skilled at creating DAX queries and creating intuitive dashboards and reports.
- Knowledge of API’s, Azure function apps, DevOps and Microsoft Platform (Power Apps and Power Automate) is a plus.
- Experience with ERP data is preferred.
- Ability to help users in defining requirements and explain the possibilities of recent technologies.
- Experience or knowledge of agile working is preferred.
- Willingness to travel to the factories every now and then.
- Fluency in English both spoken and written needed, Dutch, or German is a plus.
- An open mindset and the willingness to be part of a young team.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Nobian has a top 1% Platinum rating from EcoVadis, the global standard and most trusted provider for rating sustainability practices and performance. The four values of our company are Care, Excellence, Ownership and Safety. Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract with 2 months probationary period;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Hybrid working;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Business Intelligence Engineer?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Arvin Soleimani-Foladi, Talent Acquisition Partner, Arvin.soleimanifoladi.@nobian.com.
Applications via email won’t be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European market leader in the production of salt, essential chemicals, and energy for industry, varying from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable provision of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali, chloromethane, and hydrogen, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production locations in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. We have a strong history in salt production which goes back more than 100 years to 1918, and we have deep experience in underground energy storage. Our 1,600 employees are dedicated to becoming safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. This is how we ensure that today’s essential products keep improving our lives in the future through chemistry on which you can rely.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
Our values guide our behavior and are a crucial part of our strong identity and company culture. They demonstrate what we stand for as a corporate citizen, as a business partner and as an employer. Our values guide our relationships with our partners, suppliers and stakeholders.