Capex Procurement Manager - Rotterdam Botlek
Do you have extensive procurement experience in technical or process industries, preferably in the chemical industry? Are you able to understand requirements from various customers and to harmonize these requirements as much as possible, capable to sell up and down organizations? And are you a strong communicator with good interpersonal skills; influencing, entrepreneurship, result orientation, negotiation, problem solving, project management, team working/building? Then we are looking for you:
Procurement Capex Manager
Fulltime, Rotterdam (hybride)
Annual Salary: EURO 70.000 – 103.000
Your challenge as Procurement Capex Manager
The Capex Procurement Manager will strategically and operational manage a part of the Capital Investments (CAPEX) portfolio of Nobian with an estimated spend of € 25 - € 100 Mln euro / annum. In this role you work close together with the Tactical Site Buyers in Rotterdam. In this challenging role you will work on the following tasks:
- The Capex Procurement Manager will set in cooperation with the project manager the sourcing strategy for a CAPEX project, based on an optimal IRR% and within the framework of the project charter as set by the business project champion;
- Accountable for providing the Project Procurement Strategy (PPS) for approval by the SteerCo and agreed with the PM;
- Accountable for providing the Project Procurement Plan (PPP) aligned with the Project Execution Plan (PEP);
- The Capex Procurement Manager is responsible for providing optimal supplier solutions, matching the technical requirements, in the study, design and execution phase of capital projects;
- Accountable for leading the procurement processes of investment projects running within his area (site and the projects outside of his direct site responsibilities allotted to him/her);
Accountable for managing external purchasers if hired in for performing the tactical procurement in an investment project;
- The Capex Procurement Manager has good knowledge of supplier market and product developments, challenges the engineers in exploring alternative concepts and sustainable solutions;
- The Capex Procurement Manager will be mainly located at the Nobian site Rotterdam-Botlek but can also be assigned to CAPEX projects for other Nobian CAPEX projects in Europe;
- Priorities and the workload permitting, the Capex Procurement Manager can also take procurement responsibility of a part of the Opex portfolio of the location;
- The Capex Procurement Manager can also be requested to be a member of project SteerCo’s.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
- Bachelor/academic degree in engineering;
Five or more years relevant work experience in technical or process industries (chemicals or similar);
- Procurement experience in an international environment;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, influencing, entrepreneurship, result orientation, negotiation, problem solving, project management, team working/building;
- Ability to understand requirements from various customers and to harmonize these requirements as much as possible; capable to sell up and down organizations;
- Very good English and Dutch language skills.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right.
Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract;
- 35 holidays;
- Attractive bonus scheme based on your personal and business performance;
- Excellent pension plan;
- Discount on our collective health insurance;
Are you eager to start your career at Capex Procurement Manager
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Jeroen Sevenstern; firstname.lastname@example.org
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies