Communications Manager Mining & Energy Storage - Amersfoort
Do you have extensive work experience as a Communications Manager? Would you like to play a role in building and strengthening Nobian’s reputation and voice as a leading producer of essential chemicals in Europe? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you!
Communications Manager Mining & Energy Storage
32-40 hours a week, Amersfoort (Hybrid position)
Salary per month: 4.475 – 6.900 EUR before tax
Your challenge as Communications Manager Mining & Energy Storage
As a Communications Manager Mining & Energy Storage, you will support development and delivery of Nobian’s corporate story as a leading mining and energy storage operator in the Netherlands. Therefore, you will develop and execute effective and engaging communications plans. Meaning driving alignment between Nobian’s local/mining/energy storage communications with Nobian’s overall communications agenda to build a positive reputation for Nobian in the region and locally to create positive conditions for growth.
Your responsibilities are among others:
- Coordinate and initiate the development of high-quality (digital) content and communication assets and materials about Nobian’s mining and energy storage operations and projects;
- Analyse and evaluate Nobian’s reputation as mining/energy storage operator, give input to Nobian’s strategy to help build and strengthen Nobian’s reputation on these topics, including delivery and channels;
- Local/regional media monitoring & reporting on mining/energy storage, social listening, preparation of relevant content and communication materials, support Nobian’s communication agenda;
- Support the mining, energy storage and (commercial) project teams with their communications for a broad range of stakeholders and target groups, as well as effective communication with local residents and communities;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Nobian’s communications about mining and energy storage to relevant target groups, define KPI’s to assess effectiveness communications activities.
The role reports to the Head of Communications & Public Affairs.
Have you got what it takes?
As a Communication Manager, you have affinity with, and a good understanding of, digital and social media, content development and channels. You are able to work independently, work cross functional and in cooperation with production sites. Furthermore, you have excellent organization, planning and project management skills. Additionally, you must also have:
- A Bachelors or master’s degree in communications or relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in communications, PR, or related fields, experience with local communities or industrial/mining projects is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at different levels;
- Native in Dutch and fluently in English;
- Strong drive and passion to help deliver salt mining and energy storage projects and to contribute to the production of an essential strategic raw material for the chemical and industrial value chain, as well the energy system of the future;
- Understanding of local/regional communities and dynamics, availability to travel to the North of the Netherlands and Twente.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells chemical products that are essential for everyday life and with a world-class sustainability track record and program (Ecovadis platinum rating in 2022). Our employment package comprises:
- Annual salary based on your work experience (incl. holiday allowance): 58.000 – 89.000 before tax;
- 35 holidays;
- Discount on our collective health insurance;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Communications Manager Mining & Energy Storage?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Sabrien Abu El Hassan, Team Lead Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org.
An online assessment will be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
We excel in the safe and reliable provision of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali, chloromethane, and hydrogen, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production locations in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark.
We have a strong history in salt production which goes back more than 100 years to 1918, and we have experience in underground energy storage. Our employees are dedicated to becoming safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. This is how we ensure that today’s essential products keep improving our lives in the future through chemistry which you can count on. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Amersfoort (HQ), Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld, and Frankfurt), and Denmark (Mariager).
Grow Greener Together We make no secret of our sustainability ambition, which is to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe. Driven by our ambitious “Grow Greener Together” program, Nobian is aiming to become carbon neutral by 2040, with 100% renewable energy. We want to help our customers reduce their carbon footprint with our green products, accelerate growth in new markets that will have a positive impact on our world, and engage meaningfully with our people, stakeholders, and communities. In 2022, Nobian has been awarded a platinum medal by EcoVadis for its sustainability performance. Nobian achieved a very strong score in all criteria assessed by EcoVadis across four core themes: Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics, and Sustainable Procurement. EcoVadis is the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. More than 90,000 companies globally have been rated by EcoVadis. The platinum medal places the company in the top 1% of ranked companies globally.