Continuous Improvement Lead - Rotterdam-Botlek
Do you have experience in motivating, coaching, training and helping employees to make time for Continuous improvement? And you have work experience in an Industrial, Chemical or production environment? Are you a Six Sigma champion and do you want to help us to realize our ambition of becoming one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe? Then we are looking for you:
Continuous Improvement Lead
Fulltime, Rotterdam - Botlek
Annual Salary: EUR 60.000 – EUR 103.000
Your challenge as Continuous Improvement Lead
The Continuous Improvement Lead is responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement (CI) and knowledge about related methodologies (Lean & Six Sigma) across all areas of the site and specifically within the CI Team with a strong focus on manufacturing and operations. The end-purpose is to improve the result of the key performance indicators (Safety, OTIF, cost, material efficiency, quality, and inventories) of the site by leading supporting and coaching CI projects.
The CI Lead is actively involved in setting up and establishing a support structure to develop CI capabilities and mindset. This role personifies the Lean Six Sigma (L6S) capabilities and way of solving problems, making decisions and setting standards.
Actively lead, develop & train the CI Team;
- Lead the CI team by actively coaching and supporting the CI projects led by the CI team with the end-results of performance improvement;
- Coach and support the CI team in their personal development and broaden their skills in Lean and Six Sigma;
- Responsible for the on time delivery and performance of the CI projects.
Run own improvement projects with the focus on L6S
- Run improvement projects with the focus on Lean Six Sigma to deliver value to the organization;
- Lead and support the Reboot Yourself deployment on site. Inject passion for this activity by providing a vision and direction for the future development and performance of the site.
Build organizational capabilities
- Champion, develop and sustain a culture of continuous improvement (CI) and mindset about related methodologies (Lean & Six Sigma) and Industry 4.0 across all areas of the site with a strong focus on manufacturing and operations. This is done in close cooperation with the Process Excellence Lead in Run and the SLT Program & Change Manager;
- Develop and expand local capabilities by supporting and actively CI trainings of Green, Brown and Black Belt. Set-up and sustain a capability support structure;
- Champions deployment of change management processes and tools to realize the business strategic objectives;
- Coach Advanced and Lead Practitioners and local staff/MT on site and give reinforcement training on selected topics;
- Drive the CI Community.
Improve site performance
- Support and challenge the workforce and local MT in direction setting, prioritization (timing, resources, and sequence of actions) and implementation of improvement activities to best achieve the improvement targets (VMC, FMC, M&R and NPR);
- Contribute to improving the real result key performance indicators (a.o. Safety, OTIF, cost, material efficiency, quality, and inventories) of the site.
Align with Nobian IC Community
- Align within the Nobian CI community (CI leads from other sites and Black Belts) and share insights, problems and opportunities to promote improved performance and problem-solving across Nobian and encourage others to do the same.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
- BSc/MSc level;
- 5-10+ years experience;
- Fluent in Dutch (mandatory) and English, both verbal and written;
- Sound basis in an operational role, e.g. production, maintenance, (process) engineering, logistics;
- Well-respected, demonstrates sound judgment under pressure. Able to support and coach colleagues;
- Must have clear demonstrated experience in L6S and change management projects;
- Experience in line management or team management in large projects;
- Experience in change processes; Lean and/or Six Sigma implementations or similar is mandatory;
- Must be a trained Black Belt or be willing to commit to certification.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Continuous Improvement Lead
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Jeroen Sevenstern; firstname.lastname@example.org
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.