Digital Improvement Engineer - Amersfoort
Do you want to leave your mark on a new digital team? Are you digital savvy, wishing to create value, and driving data insights through smart technology? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you.
Digital Improvement Engineer
36-40 hours per week, Flex working (about three days a week at the office in Amersfoort)
Your challenge as Digital Improvement Engineer
Through your technical expertise, you will build, develop, maintain, and deliver digital solutions for the Nobian’s Integrated Supply chain / manufacturing organization. They can relate to making data available through apps to be used on tablets, helping the factories digitalize a process like the administration around the loading of our products, or selecting, and training users on a new augmented reality tool to guide them through the factory. You will become part of the central agile team, surrounded by motivated colleagues operating in an international setting, and supporting our manufacturing plants in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark.
As a Digital improvement engineer, you will be turning data into value by creating dashboards, introducing new tools, digitizing processes, and capability building within the company.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Focus on how to make better use of the data and the systems within Nobian to improve our processes.
- Align with stakeholders on site to better understand their process, gain input from them.
- Take ownership of the tasks in the ongoing sprint and deliver the expected developments.
- Review the improvement backlog with the team, evaluate requirements and think about possible solutions.
- Estimate the effort necessary to deliver a solution and help planning the next sprint.
- Escalate via the agile team when you identify a roadblock during the sprint.
- Act as second-line support to solve complex operational issues related to live functionalities we have developed.
- Help answer site/business questions and ensure change management through coaching and training of the site’s users.
- Help create user guides and deliver training.
Have you got what it takes?
To deliver on the developments and executing the tasks, you have strong analytical skills and affinity with digital tools and development. You are eager and able to learn quickly about new systems and technologies, you have an excellent eye for details, and are not afraid to take on a new challenge.
To successfully execute the role, you bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years experience or a master’s degree in engineering, or data analytics.
- Strong affinity with production environment, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Preferably knowledge or strong affinity with production databases and reporting systems like manufacturing execution systems, Historian database and SQL database.
- Knowledge of Python programming, Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps) is a plus.
- Ability to help users in defining requirements and explain the possibilities of new technologies.
- Experience of agile working is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to the factories every now and then.
- Fluency in English both spoken and written needed, Dutch or German is a plus.
- An open mindset and the willingness to be part of a team young team.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract with a 2-month probationary period
- The possibility to drive your personal development with trainings and coaching.
- Annual salary based on your work experience (incl. holiday allowance): 52.500 - 89.000 before tax.
- 35 holidays
- Interesting bonus plan based on your performance, and business performance
- Discount on our collective health insurance.
- Base location Amersfoort, typically three days a week.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as a Digital Improvement Engineer?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply now’ button on this page. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Sabrien Abu El Hassan, Team Lead. Recruitment, email@example.com. Applications via email won’t be taken into consideration.
An online assessment will be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.