Internal Control Manager
Would you like to work in a dynamic working environment where no day is the same? Do you like variety in your daily routine, can you handle work stress well and are you interested in being able to use your knowledge and skills in an international environment?
Then we are looking for you!
- Internal Control Manager
- Fulltime, Amersfoort
- Annual Salary: EUR 65.000 - EUR 104.000
What are you going to do?
As an Internal Control Manager you are an enthusiastic team player, and you will work as an expert within our Internal Audit & Internal Control department. You will have a lot of flexibility to organize your own working day, but you are committed to meet deadlines but also be flexible to manage ad-hoc requests, be a constructive partner in creating a fit-for-purpose control framework. You are a star in analyzing and identifying key risks within both business processes and SAP and providing insight and solutions gives you a lot of energy. You also enjoy sparring with colleagues and work independently. You know what you have to do to achieve the best results and off course you will always receive support at Nobian. After all, we do it together!
- You have preferably a certified professional qualification such as CPA, CIA, CISA or local equivalent (e.g. RA, RC, RE, RO) and/or a proven track record (> 5 years) in leading risk management internal control and/or internal audit engagements, preferably operational and financial, preferably background in manufacturing environment
- You have working knowledge of Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures preferred with the ability to quickly assimilate specific finance policy knowledge
- You have knowledge of sound internal control principles and demonstrated ability to provide solutions to control issues
- You have shown proven ability to enable well-balanced risk-based decision making with high level of business sense and providing pragmatic solutions to our businesses.
- You have a vision on best-in-class risk management, with the ability to translate this into a compelling and practical risk-management strategy. Fit for purpose in line with the size and control-maturity of Nobian is key in setting up control frameworks and have the ability to assist management in defining the company’s position risk appetite/tolerance.
- You have the ability to build effective relationships with a broad range of managers within HQ and all production sites. Brings the experience, intellect, communicational skills and personal gravitas to be a trusted advisor to all stakeholders.
- You possess hands-on experience with SAP and have general understanding of IT / data risks and systems.
- You are self-driven with strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and interact with various levels of management.
- You have the ability to manage projects, with attention to detail on multiple concurrent tasks, while meeting various deadlines.
- You are fluent in English, have a good understanding of Dutch and preferably German.
Who are we?
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Amersfoort and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
You have an academic degree and you have gained several years of practical knowledge and experience in the world of Internal Control, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit or Finance. You also find it interesting to work in an international environment where no day is the same. The informal working language in the workplace is usually Dutch and internal the meetings can be in Dutch or English. It is therefore important that you feel comfortable understanding Dutch and speaking English. In addition, you work very well independently, you show courage, and you take your responsibility.
About the department
We are a flat and mature organization. You will report to the Head of Internal Audit & Internal Control and work in a small, compact team located in the Head Office in Amersfoort. You will interact a lot with colleagues from Internal Audit, Sales, ICS, Finance, Tax, Legal and Treasury from the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. We support a healthy work/life balance and the opportunity to work from home. You are not alone at Nobian. We are here to help each other and to learn from each other. We are curious, think solution-oriented and are open to changes. Do you have what it takes?
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as the Internal Control Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on our own website and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Ricardo Abbas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.