Market Intelligence Manager - Amersfoort (6492)
Do you like translating data from our market sector into strategic solutions? Are you curious about the potential of our customers and competitors? And Pragmatic and resourceful in obtaining information from internal and external sources? then we are looking for you:
Market Intelligence Manager
Amersfoort - full time
Annual Salary EURO 65.000 – 103.000
Your Challenge in the function!
In this challenging position you build and maintain Nobian’s market intelligence in order to support the commercial business lines and provide input for decision making on strategic projects. You main tasks are:
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive overview of relevant market developments (focus on Salt, Chlor-Alkali and Chloromethanes);
- You maintain and report insights on key characteristics of main competitors (e.g. location, production processes, degree of up-/downstream integration, sourcing of raw materials, capacity and realized volumes, exposure to end-markets) and key developments (e.g. new product offerings, M&A/JVs, senior hires, financial results);
- You track our customers on key information (e.g. production processes/ product use, exposure to end-markets, key suppliers) and key developments (e.g. expansion, M&A/JVs, financial results, new suppliers);
- You monitor relevant developments in the intermediate (e.g. PVC, isocyanates) and end-markets (e.g. construction, automotive) for Nobian’s product portfolio (e.g. trend toward ‘green product portfolio’, shifting production balances, growth rates, etc.);
- Prepare and circulate monthly business intelligence report covering areas such as major market developments / dynamics, customers news, key market developments, etc;
- Conduct specific market analyses and deep dives. These analyses are input for commercial/ strategic decision making and can be recurring or are one-offs;
- You manage and maintain internal tools to share insights across the Nobian organization;
- Manage subscriptions and maintain relationships with relevant 3rd parties (e.g. market research organizations such as Argus, ICIS, IHS ).
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
- 4+ years of experience in Market Intelligence/ Consulting (e.g. IHS Markit, ICIS, Argus), of which min. 1 year in Chemical Industry;
- Master / bachelor’s degree in business, Economics and/or Science;
- Skills: translating ‘internal customer needs’ into outputs that are ready to be used/ easy to digest. Pragmatic and resourceful in obtaining information from internal and external sources (incl. triangulating between various sources);
- Fluent in English and Dutch, preferably also in German;
- Comfortable with digital solutions.
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Market Intelligence Manager ?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.