Process Design Engineer - Amersfoort
Do you have strong process design skills and experience with CAPEX projects? Do you have practical experience in the chemical production industry? And would you like to join us and grow greener together? Then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Process Design Engineer
Fulltime, Amersfoort, Nederland
Annual Salary: EUR 65.000 - EUR 105.000
Your challenge as a Process Design Engineer
As a Process Design Engineer within the central Research, Development, Technology and Sustainability department, you are the pivot point when it comes to process design. During early project phases, you are the driving force in our projects, and we need all your creativity to develop the conceptual design of our existing improved or new processes. During basic and detailed engineering, you are the technology expert guiding the engineering contractor, and feeding the other design disciplines. For that we need your process design skills and project expertise. During commissioning and startup of your projects, we need your hands-on mentality. Typical types of projects are automation, environmental or safety improvements, energy efficiency improvements, production growth projects, or new business development projects. Many of your projects will relate to sustainability improvements, helping us to reach our target of being carbon neutral in 2040.
Key responsibilities are:
- Drive feasible innovative ideas from a conceptual phase towards plant scale implementation using new technologies and RD&I information;
- Act as lead process design engineer in projects and contribute to these projects in an agile way, with involvement of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prepare (together with the engineering contractor) ;
- Basis of design, block diagrams, process flow diagrams, material and heat balance;
- Process calculations, sizing of equipment, piping and instrumentation;
- P&ID (Piping & Instrument Diagram);
- Functional specifications for process control: control narrative, state based automation, cause&effect diagram.
- Act as owner’s process engineer and give guidance and control to an engineering contractor’s team;
- Participate/lead as process responsible in safety analysis and other HSE activities;
- Help our production plants by contributing to resolve deviations in current operations;
- Manage process safety, budget, timing, and quality constrains.
Have you got what it takes?
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and (international) ambitions? Have you acquired a growing knowledge of process design engineering, preferably combined with experience on a production site?
To be successful in this position you should have a high level of ownership and be eager to contribute to continuous improvements. You feel comfortable working with deadlines, you are a good communicator, both within the team and to customers.
Additionally, you also have:
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of working experience with CAPEX projects;
- Experience with acting as lead process design engineer by example in a multicultural project management environment;
- Strong problem solving skills
Strong capabilities in bringing ideas from scratch to conceptual design;
- Strong listening, communication, and analytical skills;
- Pro-active and result oriented;
- Excellent internal and external communication & reporting skills, including fluent written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel regularly to our production locations in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract with 2 months probationary period;
- 35 holidays;
- Attractive bonus scheme based on your personal and business performance;
- Excellent pension plan;
- Discount on our collective health insurance;
- Training opportunities.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. About 1600 employees work together for the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and more sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Process Design Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on our own website and upload your CV. Any questions? Then contact Brecht Vanhemel, Talent Acquisition Partner; firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.