Process Development Engineer Chlor-Alkali - Rotterdam or Amersfoort (Hybrid)
Do you have strong process innovation skills? Do you have practical experience in the chemical production industry? And would you like to play a role in building and strengthening Nobian’s reputation and voice as a leading producer of essential chemicals in Europe? Then we have a challenging opportunity for you!
Process Development Engineer Chlor-Alkali
Fulltime, Rotterdam or Amersfoort (hybrid)
Annual Salary: EUR 60.000 - EUR 103.000
Your challenge as a Process Development Engineer
Nobian has the ambition to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe, and to this effect has set itself the initial goal to become climate neutral by the year 2040, 10 years ahead of the target under the Paris agreement. In order to accelerate this ambition to reduce CO2 emissions and reduce the Dutch national annual gas consumption, climate projects are being defined to reach this goal.
This vacancy is set to support these projects.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to optimize existing production processes and the development of new production processes in all our chlorine plants. You will be located in Rotterdam or in Amersfoort.
You are responsible for the initiation and implementation of projects to improve areas such as productivity, product quality, and plant safety or compliance. You create and develop relevant know-how and best practices.
Further, you develop and improve process designs including standard operating procedures and can support the Run Plant Engineer.
You have the flexibility to travel mainly in the Netherlands and Germany.
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and (international) ambitions? Have you acquired a growing knowledge of process engineering, preferably combined with experience on a production site? To apply for this position, you must possess the following attributes:
- Master’s degree, PDEng or PhD in Chemical Engineering/Process Technology;
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in the areas of Process Technology/Process Engineering;
- Knowledge of measurement and control technology and automation technology are advantageous;
- Good methodological skills in terms of calculating methods and statistical analysis of process data (for example, in Aspen Plus);
- People skills are important too: we want someone who can carry out and lead projects, work collaboratively across boundaries. You’ll therefore need to be a good communicator, convincing and persistent team-player who can build trustful relations;
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Desirable is high proficiency in German.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces, and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract with 2 months probationary period;
- 35 holidays;
- Attractive bonus scheme based on your personal and business performance;
- Excellent pension plan;
- Discount on our collective health insurance;
- Training opportunities.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. About 1600 employees work together for the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and more sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Process Development Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on our own website and upload your CV. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Acquisition Partner; email@example.com
A pre-employment screening and a Certificate of Conduct may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.