Senior Process Safety Engineer - Rotterdam-Botlek
Are you a role model for compliance and commitment to process safety? Can you demonstrate experience in technical management, maintenance and operational support of industrial or technical installations? and are you eager to help Nobian to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe? Then we are looking for you:
Senior Process Safety Engineer
Fulltime, Rotterdam – Botlek
Annual Salary: 90.000 – 124.000
Your challenge as a Senior Process Safety Engineer
The Senior Process Safety Engineer (SPSE) has the responsibility to establish and maintain management systems for ensuring integrity and safe operation of the processes. This role oversees the technical, organizational and regulatory aspects applicable to the site. You ensure competent engineering and maintenance capabilities are available to the site. The Process Safety Engineer works closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure that the site performs optimally and meets the set standards. You initiate risk assessments, you act on shortcomings and you inform the Site Director and the Site Leadership Team on the ongoing (maintenance) projects and identified issues of the operation. The focus of the role is on assuring to be always compliant with the Process Safety and Asset Integrity requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership through active application of the Stop Principle and engaging in constructive (safety) dialogue with everybody from management to the shop floor and strict compliance & adherence to Nobian’s Life Saving rules. Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Nobian standards;
- Guide and align site management to deliver the HSE requirements related to Process Safety and Asset Integrity management, setting the process safety culture and contributing to the Site Operational Plan;
- Assigning and ensuring completion of activities associated with the requirements of the HSE procedures including critical equipment, process hazard assessments, safe operating limits, incident investigation and trend analysis, management of change, hazardous area classification, safety instrumented systems, static electricity, inspections, design review, Key Performance Indicator reporting, etc;
- Drive process safety performance to a higher level on site;
- Analyzing and reporting status and developments of process safety, identify issues concerning technical state of the installation & competencies of personnel;
- Building and maintaining a network within Nobian within HSE, Technology, Asset Management, HSE and the Integrates Supply Chain organization;
- Recognizing the need for, and seeking, professional advice and or assistance for those areas beyond his/her specific knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technical discipline with 10 year experience in process engineering / safety engineering, strong process & operational knowledge;
- Knowledge & understanding relevant laws and regulations, safety standards and regulations for Process Safety and Asset Integrity Management;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Knowledge of recognized and globally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEPs), Experience in HAZOPs or other hazard studies and risk assessments;
- Ability to make own judgements, based on own knowledge and/or by consulting others;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions under pressure;
- Proactive and result-oriented attitude with an eye for detail;
- Fluet in Dutch and English / willing to learn Dutch.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. About 1600 employees work together for the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and more sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow.
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Senior Process Safety Engineer?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on our own website and upload your CV. Any questions? Then contact Brecht Vanhemel, Talent Acquisition Partner; firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.