Quantity Surveyor - Rotterdam-Botlek
Gross annual salary: EUR 48.000 – EUR 69.000
The Quantity Surveyor continuously drives contractor process improvements in order to increase contractor quality, effectiveness and efficiency by supporting the Contractor Supervisors in the Run department. You
Advise, steer and participate in Project and Turnarounds (TA)y, you develop for contracted activities to achieve same objectives as for maintenance. The Quantity Surveyor will stand in for Contract Coordinator when appropriate and you are the process owner for adequate budget planning, estimation and cost control on job execution. You advise, steer and participate in contract optimization by data analysis.
- Adequate safety leadership through active application of the Stop Principle and engaging in constructive (safety) dialogue with peers and employees on the shop floor and strict compliance and adherence to Noban’s Life Saving rules;
- Being the contacting specialist for executed contracted activities that advice the maintenance, project and turnaround teams on site;
- Cost control and approves executed contractor work (executed vs. invoices) in all Maintenance disciplines, TA’s and projects;
- Installs, maintains, and executes a contractor evaluation system;
- Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement in contracted activities, a.o by using the contractor evaluations;
- Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement in contractor processes and financial effectiveness;
- Coach and develop Run, Improve, Support and contractor staff as appropriate on QS related matters;
- Build, maintain and utilize a network of internal stakeholders/partners;
- Participates in and executes value improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
- MBO+ / BSc level;
- 5+ yrs experience in Cost Engineering, Maintenance.
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Quantity surveyor
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.