Sales and Marketing Manager Energy (PPA) - Amersfoort
Do you have passion for energy, sustainability, and experienced with complex contract negotiations (like renewable PPAs, structuring tailor-made contracts and contract management? Do you have the ambition and the drive to help us with the transition towards a robust, flexible, and sustainable energy portfolio and putting your excellent commercial and communication skills at work? Then we are looking for you:
Sales and Marketing Manager Energy (Power Purchase Agreement)
Fulltime; Amersfoort (2 days per week in Amersfoort, other days flexible)
Annual Salary; EUR 65.000 - 105.000
Your Challenge in the function!
Nobian is an energy intensive company in which >50% of the variable costs is related to energy and the expenditure on energy exceeded 1 bln EUR over 2022.
The Energy Team as part of the Commercial Leadership Team has a central position within the Nobian organization and is closely aligned with the board from a spend, risk management and sustainability perspective.
Given our portfolio size and the volatility of the energy markets, we have to carefully manage our exposures, for which the Energy Team coordinates and executes the strategy by trading on several commodity markets. The Energy Team is responsible for the energy, utility and renewable energy portfolio including sourcing and managing the energy exposures as well as closing / maintaining all underlying contracts that are essential for Nobian's License to Operate. The team is also responsible for realizing Nobian’s ambitious renewable energy targets.
In the transition towards a sustainable future Nobian reduced its CO2 emissions with 40% since 1990, while increasing its renewable energy share to 35%. Our current goal is to reach zero emissions by 2040, but Nobian sees opportunities in cooperation with the authorities to accelerate the zero-emission target to 2030 for which Nobian and the Dutch Cabinet signed an Expression of Principles. The Energy Team has been and will be driving key sustainability, flexibility and energy related projects such as waste incineration, biomass, and entering into PPA’s for renewable energy. Furthermore, the Energy Team is leading new business development projects, for example in the field of flexible dispatch of our production assets based on energy prices, external steam supply, solar opportunities on production sites and linking the energy storage opportunities into our energy portfolio.
The Sales and Marketing Manager Energy interacts in a multi-disciplinary environment, will manage, structure and negotiate (renewable) energy & utility contracts and participate and develop strategic partnerships.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Managing and negotiating multi-year power, gas & utilities contracts.
- Prepare and coordinate internal decision-making concerning energy & utility contracts.
- Responsible for the acceleration in Nobian's sustainability ambitions and what that means for our energy/utility sales contracts.
- Drawing up an internal strategy (in coordination with site and departments involved).
- Enter into a dialogue with the customers for a joint future concerning energy and utility set-up including the contractual arrangement of this future supply.
- Advice business on managing power, gas and carbon exposures.
- Contribute to realize Nobian’s sustainability targets.
- Represent Nobian in trade organization meetings.
- Monitor national and international legislation and developments on (renewable) energy and the potential impact on the energy strategy.
- Maintaining and building relations with Nobian’s key (energy) suppliers and customers.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali, chloromethane, and hydrogen, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. We have a strong history of salt production dating back more than 100 years to 1918, and we have extensive experience in underground energy storage. Our 1,600 employees are committed to becoming safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. This is how we ensure that today’s essential products continue to improve our lives tomorrow through chemistry you can count on. Nobian is wholly owned by Carlyle Group and GIC www.nobian.com
Have you got what it takes?
- Education: Bachelor/ Academic, preferably with an economical/technical background.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience concluding multi-year contracts in the energy and/or chemical sector.
- Passion for and knowledgeable about sustainability, energy market, and business economics.
- Ability to be a trustworthy and reliable sparring partner for our business.
- Good commercial and communication skills; fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Team player with strong analytical skills, working accurately.
In the role as Sales and Marketing Manager Energy you manage and negotiate multi-year power, gas & utilities contracts. On a daily basis you are in contact with clients and stakeholders in the business. We offer you a varied range of tasks on which you have a strong influence. You work independently, you can consult colleagues at any time and the there is an informal style of leadership. We offer you a dynamic and professional working environment in which your development is central. From this position there are many options within the company to grow and make next steps in your career.
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. As a European leader in salt, essential chemicals, and energy, we make no secret of our sustainability ambition, which is to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe, are you ready to join us?
Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Sales and Marketing Manager Energy?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on our own website and upload your CV. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Acquisition Partner; email@example.com
A pre-employment screening and a Certificate of Conduct may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.