Senior Project Manager - Amersfoort (6692)
Are you a senior project manager with experience in the development and construction of industrial plants (chemical, energy transition, mining, processing facilities)? And do you have a minimum of 10 years experience in this field? Then we are looking for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to aim high in managing multidisciplinary projects. Joining the Project Management Team of Nobian, you are part of an ambitious, diverse and focused team with project managers, based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
Senior Project Manager
Full-time in Amersfoort / Project location
Annual Salary: EUR 90.000 – 130.000
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment with an annual revenue of over 1 billion EUR. We excel in safe and reliable salt mining, supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali, chloromethanes and hydrogen, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern, sustainable production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. Next to that we play a vital role in the energy transition with a broad portfolio of initiatives on sustainable production facilities and underground energy storage.
- Manage and lead large and complex multidisciplinary (mining) projects in parallel, involving our external engineering partner and construction sub-contractors;
- Prepare, execute and deliver best in class Capex projects, safely and within defined scope, schedule, budget and quality;
- Demonstrate visible HSE and sustainability leadership by communicating a clear vision laid down in Nobian HSE and sustainability ruling and setting and challenging performance goals for the project;
- Organize and develop a multidisciplinary project organization with focus on project scoping, contracting, project permit requirements and relations with appropriate stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance to Nobian directives and apply and adhere to Nobian’s Project Management (NPM) methodology;
- Accountable for Project Delivery from Front End Engineering & Design phase onwards;
- During the early phases of the project the Senior Project Manager endorses the Business Representative, who is accountable for the early stages of project development.
- Project Initiation: Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives. Ensure a balanced effort between technical work and commercial / business development progress through full alignment with the Business Representative;
- Project Plan: formulate the project plan, ensure procurement involvement, define project execution and delivery model, determine budget and required resources, clarify role and involvement level of team members, and acquire approval;
- Project Execution: coordinate, monitor and manage project activities, manage, and mitigate project risks, issues, changes and deviations and resources and take corrective actions when necessary. Build a comprehensive set of retrievable and broadly accessible project documentation incl. reporting;
- Project Delivery & Closure: ensure start-up of facility including defined Site Acceptance and Performance Tests and hand over to operations, evaluate and close project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to operations and/or line management;
- Project Governance and Methodology: contribute to setting up / improvement of Project Management systems and procedures within Nobian;
- Relations Management: build, maintain and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders / partners and represent the project within the organization;
- Project Information: provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical progress, financial, risk and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to the Project Champion and the project Steering Committee;
- People Management and Development: attract, (functionally) lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent;
- Negotiations: negotiate, strategically, technically and financially consulted by procurement with internal and/or external parties, acquire approval and/or close contracts/SLA’s and monitor compliance with contracts/SLA’s;
- Specifics: after successful plant start-up there is a handover to the Operational Manager. The Project Manager remains responsible for budget and schedule control, project final documentation and financial close-out.
- Master level qualification in preferably process or mechanical engineering or related disciplines;
- Proven experience (min. 10 years) of managing and driving delivery in the Front-End Development and Execution Phase of similar projects (multi-disciplinary process plants >50M Euro);
- Experience with various forms of Project Contracting;
- Relevant content experience in multiple units of chemical plants and/or mining processing facilities (salt, oil & gas), disciplines, locations (cultures – international environment) and/or other companies;
- Demonstrated Contract Management and Contract Negotiation experience;
- Willingness to travel within Nubian’s area of presence;
- Fluent in English and Dutch, German preferred.
Are you eager to work at Nobian as Senior Project Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Please contact Jeroen Sevenstern; Jeroen.firstname.lastname@example.org
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.