Senior Technical Service Manager
Do you want to use your experience to become a Technical Service Manager and build and lead a team? Do you get energy from maintaining optimal technical relationships with key accounts? Are you eager to help Nobian to be one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe? Then we are looking for you.
Senior Technical Services Manager
Fulltime, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Annual Salary incl holiday pay: EUR 99.000 – EUR 123.000
Your challenge as a Senior Technical Service Manager
As the Senior Technical Service Manager you will build and lead a team of Technical Service Managers by organizing the work, coaching team members and assessing their performance. You manage and set goals for the team in line with the business strategy to optimize the long-term business results of Nobian. Next to that, you maintain optimal technical relationships with key accounts by providing technical service and advise (products, applications, safety, sustainability).
Further to this your tasks will exist of:
- Managing the performance of the Team by setting realistic targets and creating an environment to enable the team members to realize agreed objectives.
- Identifying business and improvement opportunities within the group of key accounts and manufacturing sites and support sales on the technical and product quality aspects related to offers to customers & prospects.
- Analyzing and identifying technical needs of customers and developing solutions necessary to help customers to fulfill these needs.
- Formulating quality requirements and translating into both external and internal product specifications, in co-operation with marketing, sales and production plants.
- Participating in /Leading meetings with Nobian’s and customers’ production staff, SOD (Sales & Operation Department) and engineers.
- Advising customers on safety-, health- and environmental aspects related to transportation, handling, storage and use of Nobian’s products.
- Communicating Nobian’s sustainability journey with customers. Support them with our data on the product carbon footprint and Life Cycle Assessment of our products.
- Improving/optimizing existing TSM related policies, procedures, processes, tools and systems.
You will report into the Market and Sales Director Industrial Salt. You will supervise a team of Technical Service Managers (5 FTE).
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. Our 1,600 employees are committed to become safer, more efficient and sustainable, to ensure that the essential products of today will keep enriching our lives tomorrow with chemistry you can count on.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
Our values guide our behavior and are a crucial part of our strong identity and company culture, demonstrating what we stand for as a corporate citizen. Our values guide our relationships with our employees, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life, where employees deliver the best quality, take ownership and take care of each other and our environment. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract with a 2 months’ probation period
- An annual gross salary based on full time employment between EUR 99.000 – EUR 123.000
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training and development opportunities.
Have you got what it takes?
As a Senior Technical Service Manager, you bring experience within an industrial environment, preferably in the chemical industry. You have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent communicator, preferably you have a first experience as a people manager.
Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering or other relevant technical education
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production, RD&I, HSE or related area
- Knowledge of chlor-alkali products and production is a plus
- People management skills
- Self starter and result driven
- Oral and written fluency in English; Dutch & German is a plus
- Creativity & Innovation – an out-of-the-box thinker
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Senior Technical Service Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Brecht Vanhemel, firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening and a Certificate of Conduct may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.