Site Asset & Technology Manager
Do you want to work in a dynamic and challenging environment at our site in Delfzijl? Are you an inspirational leader with strong people management skills and do you want to be part of our Site Leadership team? Are you eager to help Nobian to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe? Then we are looking for you.
Site Asset & Technology Manager
Annual Salary incl holiday pay: EUR 113.500 – EUR 142.000
Your challenge as a Site Asset & Technology Manager
The Site Asset & Technology Manager (SAM) is part of the site leadership team and of the Nobian asset leadership team (Engineering, Technology and Projects & Turnarounds). The SAM is responsible for the mid- and long-term availability and reliability of the 3 Nobian plants in Delfzijl including our brine fields in Veendam and Winschoten. You develop the organization towards standardization & harmonization and create synergies with the organization between the three plants You develop and coach Technology as a site function with a focus on continuous improvement of our processes and assets in terms of efficiency, safety and sustainability.
Further to this your tasks will exist of:
- Developing yearly operational improvement plans and the Industry 4.0 agenda for the site
- Ensuring consistent, widespread use of best practices within maintenance engineering, projects, turnarounds and technology.
- Building and leading a high performing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement
Ensuring an effective and cost-efficient turnaround and project organization.
- Driving the capability development towards a best-in-class size and quality of this team
- Responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement (CI) and knowledge about related methodologies/ activities (Lean, Six Sigma, work processes) across all areas of the site.
- Supporting the development and execution of projects for new business and installations (hydrogen, electrification, utilities, etc). You act as liaison to other departments, collaborate to ensure successful decision making and execution.
You report directly to the Site Director and act as his right hand on any site development plan that has a compliance or long-term effect. The SAM manages a team of 5 direct reports and 50-60 indirect reports.
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. Our 1,600 employees are committed to become safer, more efficient and sustainable, to ensure that the essential products of today will keep enriching our lives tomorrow with chemistry you can count on.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
Our values guide our behavior and are a crucial part of our strong identity and company culture. They demonstrate what we stand for as a corporate citizen, as a business partner and as an employer. Our values guide our relationships with our partners, suppliers and stakeholders.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life, where employees deliver the best quality, take ownership and take care of each other and our environment. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract with a 2 months’ probation period
- An annual gross salary based on full time employment between EUR 113.500 – EUR 142.000
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Have you got what it takes?
As a Site Asset & Technology Manager you bring a broad experience in asset management within an industrial environment, preferably the chemical industry. You know how to set direction and strategy for the site within your areas of expertise. You have strong analytical skills and the ability to use factual data for decision making. You see opportunities and work effectively at realizing them in an organized and structured way.
Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, proven management & leadership education
- 15+ years’ experience and have an extensive network
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present persuasive arguments
- Proven continuous improvement experience
- Oral and written fluency in English, Dutch is a big plus
- Have been a member of a site MT
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Site Asset & Technology Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Brecht Vanhemel, firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening and a Certificate of Conduct may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.