Continuous Improvement Lead
Do you have a passion for continuous improvement? Are you interested in leading and developing a team? And do you want to do this for a company that has the ambition to be one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Wester-Europe with a target of being carbon neutral at 2040? If so, we are looking for you.
Continuous Improvement Lead
Annual Salary incl holiday pay: EUR 68.000 – EUR 107.000
Your challenge as Continuous Improvement Lead
As Continuous Improvement Lead you will be responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement (CI) and knowledge about related methodologies (Lean & Six Sigma) across all areas of the site and specifically within the CI Team with a strong focus on manufacturing and operations. This is done in close cooperation with the Process Excellence Lead in the operations department.
The end-purpose is to improve the result of the key performance indicators (Safety, OTIF, cost, material efficiency, quality, and inventories) of the site by leading supporting and coaching CI projects.
As CI Lead you are actively involved in setting up and establishing a support structure to develop CI capabilities and mindset. This role personifies the Lean Six Sigma (L6S) capabilities and way of solving problems, making decisions and setting standards to help improve site performance. Your tasks consist of:
- Actively lead, develop & train the CI Team.
- Responsible for the on time delivery and performance of the CI projects.
- Run improvement projects with the focus on Lean Six Sigma to deliver value to the organization.
- Coach Advanced and Lead Practitioners and local staff/MT on site and give reinforcement training on selected topics.
- Align within the Nobian CI community (CI leads from other sites and Black Belts) and share insights, problems and opportunities to promote improved performance and problem-solving across Nobian.
Have you got what it takes?
Is this a challenge that matches your skills and ambitions? Do you know how to optimally and effectively use the qualities within the departments? You are proactive and are an active problem solver. Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- BSc/MSc level.
- 5-10+ years experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and written.
- Sound basis in an operational role, e.g. production, maintenance, (process) engineering, logistics.
- Well-respected, demonstrates sound judgment under pressure. Able to support and coach colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in L6S and change management projects.
- Experience in line management or team management in large projects.
- Experience in change processes; Lean and/or Six Sigma implementations or similar is mandatory.
- A trained Black Belt or be willing to commit to certification
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Nobian has a top 1% Platinum rating from EcoVadis, the global standard and most trusted provider for rating sustainability practices and performance. Our employment package comprises:
- Permanent contract with 2 months probationary period;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Hybrid working;
- Training opportunities.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as Continuous Improvement Lead?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Arvin Soleimani-Foladi, Talent Acquisition Partner, email@example.com.
Applications via email won’t be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European market leader in the production of salt, essential chemicals, and energy for industry, varying from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable provision of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali, chloromethane, and hydrogen, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production locations in the Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. We have a strong history in salt production which goes back more than 100 years to 1918, and we have deep experience in underground energy storage. Our 1,600 employees are dedicated to becoming safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. This is how we ensure that today’s essential products keep improving our lives in the future through chemistry on which you can rely.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
Our values guide our behavior and are a crucial part of our strong identity and company culture. They demonstrate what we stand for as a corporate citizen, as a business partner and as an employer. Our values guide our relationships with our partners, suppliers and stakeholders.