Account Manager Energy - Amersfoort
Do you have passion for and knowledgeable in sustainability, project development and business economics? Do you have ambition to learn everything about on the energy markets, and you have
excellent commercial and communication skills? Then we are looking for you:
Account Manager Energy
Annual salary: EUR 65.000 - EUR 100.000
Your Challenge in the function!
The Energy Team is part of the Commercial Leadership Team of Nobian. The Energy team is responsible for managing the energy and utilities contracts and exposures for the Nobian business. The team is also responsible for running the gas fired unit Delesto2.
On behalf of Nobian, Energy runs a portfolio of energy products like natural gas, electricity, hydrogen and emission allowances. Trading is used to optimize own production as market prices fluctuate. The order of magnitude of the energy portfolio is appr. 300+ mln Euro/yr.
The market access toward the energy commodity markets within Nobian is managed and handled from the Energy team.
Nobian is an energy intensive business, has set ambitious sustainability targets. The Energy team is the driver for sustainability and energy-related RD&I projects ranging from waste incineration, biomass, wind power and hydrogen. The Energy team is recognised for this role and drive key sustainability initiatives.
The Energy Team is leading new business development in the field of flexible dispatch of our production assets and the green hydrogen produced in the CA value chain. The Account Manager will be manage energy & utility contracts and contribute in energy related projects and participates in strategic partnerships and interact in a multi-disciplinary environment. Nobian is facing towards energy several important challenges in which the Energy Team fulfills the central role, in which:
- It is transforming from a gas-dominated steam supply, to a mix of fuels;
- It is operating chemical plants in a baseload fashion, while the energy markets are experiencing more flexibility and associated prices differentials;
- It has traditionally taken long positions on energy markets and is switching to a more market-confirm risk-profile;
- It is transforming from a situation where the chemical plants had autonomy including energy contracting to a situation that it has a portfolio of production chemical plants, where energy is being dealt with centrally.
We are seeking an Account manager energy who will take the challenge and contribute to improve and build the Energy Team, a team player with affinity to the energy market and ability to be a trustworthy and reliable sparring partner for our business. Connecting the outside world to Nobian and translating this into business opportunities and risk mitigation measures.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
- Managing and negotiating multi-year power, gas & utilities for our sites;
- Energy market analysis / intelligence on short and long-term including reporting energy outlook;
- Advice business of hedging and execute hedges for power, gas and carbon;
- Create and distribute monthly pricing and position reports;
- Represents Nobian in trade organization meetings;
- Prepare and coordinate internal investment decision processes in line with the guidelines and principles;
- Monitor national and international legislation and developments on (renewable) energy and the potential impact on the energy strategy and project development pipeline.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
- Passion for and knowledgeable in sustainability, project development and business economics;
- Proven project management skills;
- Preferred experience in the commercial field and new business development;
- Experience of making things happen in a large international and global organization approaching different cultures;
- Able to ‘get things done in a dynamic environment’, Accurate and timely in reporting;
- Basic knowledge on the energy markets is an advantage, but not essential;
- Good Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Education: HBO / Academic, preferably with an economical/technical background, Minimum 3-7 years working experience;
- Good commercial and communication skills, analytical skills and fluent in English language – both written and spoken.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as the Account Manager Energy?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.