Category Manager Indirect Spend - Amersfoort
Are you a Procurement professional looking for the next career step in a challenging environment? Do you have experience with stakeholder management at all levels? And are you aware of the latest trends and developments in the field of indirect spend, preferably in an HR environment? Then we are looking for you:
Category Manager Indirect Spend
Annual Salary EURO 65.000 – EURO 100.000
Your Challenge as Category Manager Indirect Spend
As Category Manager Indirect Spend at Nobian you will drive and support procurement strategy, excellence and spend-down mainly for categories such as HR and Professional Services in close cooperation with the business, market and other stakeholders. Your mission in this position is to manage and support procurement for Services across our Corporate Functions, considering their requirements as well as Procurement policies and guidelines with a clear focus on (senior) stakeholder management.
- Your core task will be to design and drive the overall category strategy, source suppliers for various Services Category including HR and Professional Services, while optimizing commercial terms and total cost of ownership;
- You will actively engage with key business leaders, colleagues, and other stakeholders to gather business requirements and specifications within multiple Corporate Functions and incorporate these into sourcing strategies, supplier selections and decisions;
- You will be responsible for Functional Spend categories, being the main point of contact for suppliers regarding contractual and commercial topics. As part of performance and escalation management, you will also take ownership of issues with internal stakeholders;
- You will lead and support cross-functional teams for RFPs, negotiations and contracting. Strong cooperation with internal stakeholders and other functions (e.g. Legal) is required and is therefore already part of your DNA;
- At all times you maintain a continuous approach to learning and gathering market intelligence in order to keep up with the best source of supply, benchmarking, and market trends.
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Our NPR Procurement organization is committed to the highest standards of NPR (non-product related) Procurement and aims to deliver best-in-class services that support Nobian strategic objectives by continuously improving our NPR spend-down program. In order to achieve this, we are strengthening and centralizing the Functional Procurement team to better leverage its commercial buying power, increase procurement involvement in corporate projects, and better fit our current and future business needs.
What will you bring
To apply for this position, you should match below profile:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a business-related area or industry;
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience in Procurement within an international Sourcing environment;
- Experience with Functional Spend procurement. Specifically, a sourcing background in HR and Professional Services is considered an advantage;
- Fluent in Dutch and English. German language is an additional asset;
- Able to deploy solid negotiation and problem-solving skills while working and executing with a high level of autonomy;
- Sound business acumen, strong relationship builder, and skilled at managing internal and external stakeholders;
- Good presentation skills and ability to analyze data and technical requirements from different angles;
- The highest levels of integrity and business ethics, along with sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt your approach accordingly;
- Powerful interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including a strong Microsoft Office capability.
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as the Category Manager Indirect Spend?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.