Lead Engineer Electrical Power Systems - Amersfoort
Do you want to play a prominent role in the energy transition? Are you an experienced specialist at university level within electrical engineering? And do you want to work for one of the leading elektrochemical companies? Then we are looking for you
Lead Engineer Electrical Power Systems
Full time – Amersfoort/Rotterdam
Annual Salary EUR 63.000 – 100.000
Your Challenge in the function!
You are the specialist for electrical power systems within Nobian for the existing and future (electrolysis) plants and power distribution networks. In this role you are the contact person for the plant management, senior / executive management and the internal and external network of the power sector. You are the competence leader in the field of electrical power within Nobian, you give solicited and unsolicited advice, you initiate new projects and you take the lead in improvement processes. In this role you report to the Technology Manager Energy. You will be responsible for:
- Execution and supervision of technical (strategic) studies for our plants to determine best technical and economic solution for the power supply to our new and existing plants;
- Principial/Owners representee for electrical power systems in CAPEX projects;
- Definition and project management of engineering projects for new or upgrade of existing electrical power systems;
- Identification and analysis of innovation and improvement potential within the electrical power systems of our new and existing plants (power flexibility, power quality, harmonic filters, capacity, reliability, efficiency, maintainability, etc) in close cooperation with the Nobian RD&I organization;
- Maintain and develop state of the art knowledge of Electrical Power Systems within Nobian and with the Power Systems Functional Experts at the plants. Secure application of best practice technologies;
- Lead in (strategic) technical communication with external parties in the field of electrical power systems like grid operators.
You will be responsible to develop the best solution of the electrical power system for the plants (mainly: Chloralkali elektrolysers, mechanical vapor recompression plants and distribution networks) based on the state of the art technology. You are the project manager / owner representing the engineering projects in the field of power systems:
- Participates in large projects and/or leads (sub) projects within own;
- Defines project scope (based upon business requirements), leads decision taking in projects, defines scope of work and starting points to (engineering, construction) contractors, coordinates with electrical grid owners safeguarding the interests of Nobian, manages uncertainties and expectations of a varied group of stakeholders within own discipline;
- Supports at commissioning and start-up of electrical installations and systems (for high business impact/complex/innovative projects);
- Documents activities performed on design engineering work (project reports).
Also, your responsibility will be safeguarding the electrotechnical knowledge level within Nobian:
- Identifies opportunities, initiates, formulates, decides and implements on improvements in existing electrical installations in cooperation with the local site engineers and other site representatives;
- Keep a relevant expertise level and share the knowledge in the company as well as coach other employees in the area of expertise (e.g. site electrical engineers).
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
From our first salt production in 1918, we continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich our lives tomorrow. Nobian has approximately 1,600 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
Have you got what it takes?
To qualify for the role, you have at least a bachelor’s degree preferably a Master degree in Electrical Engineering. Furthermore, you have 8 to 15 years of relevant experience in the process industry in an environment where high energy consumption is an important part of daily processes. Next to this:
- Affinity with transformer-rectifier systems and power quality;
- Affinity with industry based power distribution systems;
- Good analytical, reporting and project management skills;
- Good communication skills with management, RD&I organization, external engineering companies, grid operators and functional experts at the plants;
- Strong ability to cooperate, teamwork and result oriented;
- Experience in risk assessment;
- Preferably experience from chemical plant projects, R&D or manufacturing;
- Good knowledge in English (written and spoken).
This is our offer:
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract;
- An excellent salary tailored to the job level, your expertise and competencies;
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nobian as the Lead Engineer Electrical Power:
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Jeroen Sevenstern, email@example.com
Please note that applications by email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may be part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.