Are you a project manager with experience in the development and construction of industrial plants (chemical, energy transition, processing facilities)? Are you eager to help Nobian to become one of the most sustainable chemical companies in Europe? Then we are looking for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to aim high in managing multidisciplinary projects. Joining the Project Management Team of Nobian, you are part of an ambitious, diverse and focused team with project managers.
Full-time in Rotterdam / Project location
Annual Salary: EUR 104.000 – 130.000
Your challenge as a Project Manager
The project manager manages and leads large and complex multidisciplinary projects in parallel, involving our external engineering partners and construction sub-contractors. You prepare, execute, and deliver best in class Capex projects, safely and within defined scope, schedule, budget and quality. The Project Manager demonstrates visible HSE and sustainability leadership by communicating a clear vision laid down in Nobian HSE and sustainability ruling and setting and challenging performance goals for the project. You organize and develop a multidisciplinary project organization with focus on project scoping, contracting, project permit requirements and relations with appropriate stakeholders. Ensure compliance to Nobian directives and apply and adhere to Nobian’s Project Management (NPM) methodology. You are accountable for Project Delivery from Front End Engineering & Design phase onwards. During the early phases of the project the Project Manager endorses the Business Representative, who is accountable for the early stages of project development.
- Project Initiation: Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives. Ensure a balanced effort between technical work and commercial / business development progress through full alignment with the Business Representative;
- Project Plan: formulate the project plan, ensure procurement involvement, define project execution and delivery model, determine budget and required resources, clarify role and involvement level of team members, and acquire approval;
- Project Execution: coordinate, monitor and manage project activities, manage, and mitigate project risks, issues, changes and deviations and resources and take corrective actions when necessary. Build a comprehensive set of retrievable and broadly accessible project documentation incl. reporting;
- Project Delivery & Closure: ensure start-up of facility including defined Site Acceptance and Performance Tests and hand over to operations, evaluate and close project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to operations and/or line management;
- Project Governance and Methodology: contribute to setting up / improvement of Project Management systems and procedures within Nobian;
- Relations Management: build, maintain and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders / partners and represent the project within the organization;
- Project Information: provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical progress, financial, risk and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to the Project Champion and the project Steering Committee
- People Management and Development: attract, (functionally) lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent;
Negotiations: negotiate, strategically, technically and financially consulted by procurement with internal and/or external parties, acquire approval and/or close contracts/SLA’s and monitor compliance with contracts/SLA’s;
- Specifics: after successful plant start-up there is a handover to the Operational Manager. The Project Manager remains responsible for budget and schedule control, project final documentation and financial close-out.
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. Our 1,600 employees are committed to become safer, more efficient and sustainable, to ensure that the essential products of today will keep enriching our lives tomorrow with chemistry you can count on.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life, where employees deliver the best quality, take ownership and take care of each other and our environment. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract with a 2 months’ probation period
- An annual gross salary based on full time employment between EUR 104.000 – EUR 130.000
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 30 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Have you got what it takes?
As Project Manager, you bring proven experience (min. 5 years) of managing and driving delivery in the Front-End Development and Execution Phase of similar projects (multi-disciplinary process plants >10M Euro). You have excellent communications skills and you know how to build up strong relationships with many different stakeholders.
Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- Master’s degree, preferably in process or mechanical engineering or related disciplines;
- Experience with various forms of Project Contracting;
- Relevant content experience in multiple units of chemical plants processing facilities (salt, oil & gas), disciplines, locations (cultures – international environment) and/or other companies;
- Demonstrated Contract Management and Contract Negotiation experience;
- Willingness to travel within Nobian’s area of presence, initial work location is Rotterdam;
- Fluent in English, Dutch or German is a plus
Are you eager to work at Nobian as Project Manager?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page and upload your CV and job specific cover letter.
Any questions? Then contact Brecht Vanhemel, email@example.com
A pre-employment screening and a Certificate of Conduct may form part of the selection process. We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies